Saturday, April 18, 2009

Don't hang me off the clock


Don’t hang me off the clock,
Don’t let the pendulum toss me around….
And bruise my within,
And bleed my edges
And string up my nerves
And puncture my pause…
From left to right
From here to there,
From now to then….
Is not just a rolled up packet of minutes…


Don’t hang me off the clock,
As I crawl towards a pause…
Flowing,
by the bed of a river
where the earth is drunk on sweet peas and damp leaves,
I lick wounds as the waters sing…
And when the sun filters to find my face,
I hide it under my eyes…
and flow away awake.
Don’t wear the watch
don’t blink on my cell
don’t ride up and down the dates
I like the sway of things….
But never of the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

अमलतास का गीत

वो अमलतास देखते हो? वो ना  झूम कर  बांहे फैलाये  हवाओं की हथेलियों पर  सूरज की छननी से ढ़ांप कर  एक गीत  भेजता है हर सुबह  मेरी ओर.  पर  वो ग...