Wednesday, August 5, 2009

God, bless me a breath of Fury

Scream.
Cry,
Cry my body out.
Cry
Cry
Cry.
And all the things that would cremate my mourning.
And all the things that would cremate my bondage.
And all the things that would fast-forward the breaths in my account.
And all the days that would shrink themselves out.

All the prayers I assembled around my bones.
And all the dreams I propped against your soul.
All the distances I was still gulping between us
And all the bridges I was still building between us
All the beginnings I was making despite all The Ends
And all the ends that reached only You, inspite of you.

All the songs that coiled around Us.
And all the films I wrapped our midnight cosiness in.
All the dishes I almost smelt in our kitchen.
And all the vegetables you would chop and I would throw in the beautiful blaze of us.
All the colours our Home would bear.
And all the things I would say when time would rear.
And all my fury I would knock into you on the fieriest of days.
And all my anger I would tell you of in the mellowest of ways.
And all the wounds I’ve kept sewing, all times, to show you some day.
Like, all the things I liked.
All the things I disliked
And all that I love of you
And all that I love even more of you
All the fragrances of you
And all the fragrances of me
All of me
And all of you
…Was still to be lived.

And then you stabbed
and knifed it all out
and pulled the last stairway
to the Heaven Of Us.

Scream
Cry my body out
Cry
Cry
Cry
But Love won’t lend me
even one sip of hate.

5 comments:

  1. Dear Balpreet
    A great relief at finding you again on my blogroll with a fresh post. A date with pain- that is what I feel like now. I am only concerned about the last line. Your pain is so natual but your essentiality of non-hatred does not carry that natural flow. I would have died to see you flowing with the suffering but I need to think when you say that hatred should not be there. You are such a magnificent human being that i don't like to see a god there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunil, more than you I wish I could be capable of that kind of anger. And thankfully I am. I am more human than people would like to believe. But then in case of love, the equations become very different I guess...
    Thanks for the feedback. These aren't mere posts on my blog. They are my own catharsis because most times I can't scream and shout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am relieved at this acknowledgement of yours. I think our biggest handicap in love is our assumption of a singularity but I think that the present ecology of current times does not allow that singularity to flower and secondly, it curtails down the cultivation of plural spaces around us. that is why i don't want to see a godly emotion (non-hatred) so soon ans so non-naturally in your writing. Draupadi went for singularity only at the last point when all the plural spaces and supports around her had failed her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to believe non-hatred is a mere 'Godly' emotion. Or let's say, since we all are little parts of Him, it is certainly a reality for all of us. I just don't find it possible to hate. Anger is a different thing.. because anger is momentary, just like hunger or sleep is. Hatred is certainly not meant for our soul. I do know that - and I do live that. There is no conscious effort behind that. It is just there, I can't deny it. Or defy it. It is me. It is us. All of us. That I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear balpreet
    You are a difficult believer. I like that but I am a bit worried over the insistence on non-hatred. Have you seen Tyeb Mehta's painting "Mahishasur". That marvellous painting is an exact evocation of cognate nature of violence and compassion. Durga kills Mahishasur as an act of compassion while some may see it as a violent act. Is your non-hatred inclusive of that symbolic message?

    ReplyDelete

अमलतास का गीत

वो अमलतास देखते हो? वो ना  झूम कर  बांहे फैलाये  हवाओं की हथेलियों पर  सूरज की छननी से ढ़ांप कर  एक गीत  भेजता है हर सुबह  मेरी ओर.  पर  वो ग...